University of California San Francisco
The UCSF Transit Safety and Compliance Manager applies professional knowledge and expertise in the transportation industry and serves as the lead person on one or more program(s) within the area of transit safety and risk. Work is reviewed upon completion to ensure predetermined objectives are adequately met and that application of professional / technical judgment is sound.
The Manager demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Provides regulatory interpretation and technical advice. Decision-making is based on established procedures; relevant laws; regulations and organizational policy; professional best practices; relevant methodologies; impact on other transit programs, and senior management approvals as required. Decisions may impact individual work, other departments and / or segments of the organization.
The Transit Safety and Compliance Manager is responsible to create, monitor and update the shuttle driver training and on-boarding process; oversee any remedial training (mitigation) programs; convene and adjudicate driver Accident Review Boards; and maintain all driver safety training records.
The Transportation Services department operates a $40+ million-dollar annual budget with an employee base of 185+ full time employees (FTE), and oversees assets exceeding $100 million dollars.
Key components of Transportation Services include: Parking management and operations, transit services, fleet management, ridesharing, and a variety of administrative programs including pretax and DMV pull notice systems. Efficient and effective administrative management of this department is crucial in that Transportation Services, as a self-funded business operation, has a broad-ranging impact on the campus and its mission.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
* Bachelor's degree in Public Health/Safety or related area and five years equivalent experience / training
* California driver’s license, Class B with passenger endorsement and air-brake qualified
* At least five years of experience in Transit Fleet Safety and/or Risk Management
* Thorough knowledge / understanding of transportation and transit industry, including related laws and regulations; and general knowledge / understanding of applicable Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FSMCA) compliance standards
* Detailed knowledge of bus and shuttle safety techniques
* Thorough knowledge and skill in applying and interpreting applicable local, state, and federal regulations and related standards and guidelines
* Working knowledge of industry best practices regarding "fit for duty" in a transit work environment
* Proven ability to develop and deploy transit safety training processes and guidelines to ensure training is compliant with company policies and all regulations of federal, state and local authorities
* Demonstrated solid leadership skills including: coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building
* Demonstrated success at conducting safety training orientation sessions to ensure that policies and procedures are followed
* Thorough written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills, including political acumen and skills to communicate effectively in a diverse environment
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to plan, review, assign, and evaluate the work of others,
* Strong analytical and organizational skills to organize, prioritize and manage the successful completion of projects within time and budget constraints
* Intermediate budget planning and administration skills
* Proven record of accomplishment of achieving results
* Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
* Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and provide leadership to achieve corporate objectives
* California Department of Motor Vehicles Certified Driver Examiner
* Defensive Driving certification, ex. Smith System
* Detail knowledge of American Public Transportation Associations standards
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION
* California driver’s license, Class B with passenger endorsement and air-brake qualified JOB REQUIREMENTS: The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://ucsfedu.contacthr.com/61998182.jpg /> To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://ucsfedu.contacthr.com/61998182
Preferred Years Of Experience:5 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BA
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :